Disability Employment Awareness Month
What fuels your workplace ambition?
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
Spread the Word
Newsletter Article: Include an article in your company or organization’s newsletter introducing readers to Disability Employment Awareness Month and encouraging their support. To download a sample newsletter article – CLICK HERE.
Social Media: Use your social media platforms to talk about the benefits of disability employment. CLICK HERE for tips you can share to help raise awareness. [See sample/suggested graphics options on the right and download the toolkit for sample social media messages.]
Use the hashtags #NDEAM and #inclusiveflorida and be sure to tag The Able Trust on your social media platforms of choice.
- Facebook/LinkedIn: @The Able Trust
- Instagram/Twitter (X): @Abletrust
If you missed any of the webinars, CLICK HERE to watch the online recording.
- Sign up for The Able Trust communications so you don’t miss any important resources, research or information on how to get connected to talent from an important workforce pool. CLICK HERE
- Follow The Able Trust on social media to learn about DEAM events, updates to our programs, our High School High Tech student successes, the latest data in disability employment and more.
Facebook/LinkedIn: @The Able Trust
Instagram/Twitter (X): @Abletrust
- Watch the Collaborating to Make an Impact webinar from the 2022 DEAM Webinar Wednesday series to see how VyStar Credit Union is partnering with The Arc Jacksonville to employ and empower people with intellectual disabilities. CLICK HERE
Become a Leader
- We would love to come and speak with your company or organization. CLICK HERE to invite us to speak.
- Disability Mentoring Day is October 21. Participate in this nationwide effort to promote professional development for students with disabilities by sharing information on your business or industry. Contact Coleen Agner, High School High Tech State Director, at [email protected] to connect with the HSHT project coordinators in your area and invite their students to tour your business or organization.
- Identify and develop a relationship with a referral agency that specializes in people with disabilities. CLICK HERE for a list of steps to get started with resources from the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Your local VR representatives are in touch with people with disabilities and can refer qualified candidates to you.
THANK YOU TO OUR
2023 DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT
AWARENESS MONTH SPONSORS
Espresso Enthusiast Sponsor
Disability Employment Awareness Month Kickoff Sponsor
Tea Trailblazer Sponsors
Cold Brew Believer Sponsors
Latte Leader Sponsors
Check out highlights from Disability Employment Awareness Month!
Read the Op-Ed from
The Able Trust Board Member Doug Hilliard
Social Media Highlights
Thank you for showing your support and helping fuel our workplace ambition!
Disability Employment Awareness Month sponsors for your support!
Grab one of the graphics below to use in social media:
Share Your Story
- Share your story of inclusion and experience hiring persons with disabilities with us so we can include your story in our growing catalog of best practices. CLICK HERE to contact us.
Issue a Proclamation of Support
- If you are a Florida county or city interested in issuing a Proclamation in support of Disability Employment Awareness Month, start with our Proclamation Template and customize with your information. CLICK HERE to access the template.