Be a Part of the 1st Class of
The Able Trust’s Leadership Academy
The Able Trust Leadership Academy is designed to encourage personal leadership development and to develop a growing a cadre of young employed professionals with disabilities who use those skills as emerging leaders in their industries. The Academy participants will interact with seasoned professionals serving as guest speakers and faculty.
Goal of Leadership Academy: In an experiential learning environment, young adults with disabilities will learn about workplace leadership traits and begin to refine and develop their own leadership qualities in an effort to build on their careers.
Targeted Skills Areas for The Academy:
- Communication skills
- Work ethic
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Financial acumen
- Have a disability and be actively working
- 22-30 years old
- Active in the workforce for a minimum of 12 months
- Interest in advancing in your chosen career
- Are willing to serve as a mentor to other individuals with disabilities
- A willingness to participate and share during the Leadership Academy
- Open to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Participants will need to complete a short, online assignment prior to the Leadership Academy
- All expenses for participation in the Leadership Academy will be covered by The Able Trust
Key Benefits to Companies
Focused on developing leaders, the Leadership Academy prepares participants to embrace a professional environment, developing their leadership qualities, and prepares them for leadership opportunities. Participants will work on seven key skill areas that will transform their leadership approach and optimize their potential to stay on the fast track throughout their career. Investing in a company’s workers is beneficial to the whole organization and can boost its bottom line.
The Leadership Academy will be held October 3-5, 2019, in Orlando and features a combination of lectures, panel discussions and hands-on activities. The content is explicitly designed to help participants better understand their personal leadership style to assist with professional growth, prepare them to advance in their chosen field, and develop a network of other young professionals from around the state.
Application deadline is August 16, 2019, at 5 p.m. The Leadership Academy’s first class will be limited to 20 participants.
Notification of acceptance will be provided by September 1, 2019.
Click here to get the online application.
Click here to get a PDF of the application.