A grant to the North Florida School of Special Education in Jacksonville, Florida has provided employment training in culinary arts and horticulture programs so that participants can learn daily food prep, cooperative programs including the school’s own farm-to-food truck initiative, farmer’s market resale and on-demand food truck retail. The Able Trust funded program has given Heather opportunities for hands on training in a restaurant and bakery setting, work as a culinary assistant and now she has taken a position at her local favorite restaurant.
The Able Trust will accept for review complete proposals and supplemental materials from qualified organizations that demonstrate an interest to serve the employment needs of individuals with disabilities in the state of Florida. The Able Trust defines successful employment as described in this link CLICK HERE. The Able Trust makes the following types of Grants:
- Strategic Employment Placement Initiatives - this is the primary grant program of The Foundation and such proposals address the employment placement of Floridians with disabilities. Consideration for these large grants will occur at the 4th Quarter Board Meeting of The Foundation. Awards in this category range up to $250,000 and cover a three year grant period.
DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 10, 2017
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO APPLY CLICK HERE [Word Document] INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO APPLY CLICK HERE [PDF]
Past Grantee selections for the Strategic Employment Placement Award are:
• 2016 Susan B Anthony Recovery Center, “REAP, Readiness for Employment and Placement, Program”
• 2016 Worknet Pinellas/Science Center, "Ability Initiative Training Program"
• 2015 Tallahassee Community College Foundation, “Partnership Enabling Full Employment”
• 2015 ARC Broward, “Center for Financial Stability”
• 2014 Dan Marino Foundation, “Career Launch”
• 2012 Stand Among Friends, “Career Ability”
• 2012 St. Petersburg College Foundation, “Professional Career Placement”
- Board Directed Initiative Grants - This program is defined thru an announcement by the Board of Directors for proposals that address a specific issue. The release of an Initiative Request is at the discretion of the Board and may occur at any time during a fiscal year. Funding parameters in this category will be described in the published Initiative Request and will correspond to the described objective of the Board Directed Initiative.
ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE MADE. NO RELEASES AT THIS TIME.
- General Support for Employment Placement Programs -
General Support for Employment Placement Programs - this program is for general support of
employment programs for a grant year. Requests should result in employment placement for
participating individuals with disabilities and could encompass equipment and/or staffing
needs of an applicant organization to expand an existing program in a new way or create a
new program. Awards for this category will occur twice a year at the Fall and Summer Board
Meetings. Awards in this category range up to $65,000 for a one year grant period.
TWO MEETINGS A YEAR
DEADLINE IS APRIL 5, 2017 for the Summer Board Meeting, OR JULY 5, 2017 for the Fall Meeting
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY CLICK HERE [Word Document]
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY CLICK HERE [PDF]
- Supplemental Grants - the Foundation Board may at its discretion add funds to existing grants.
ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE MADE