The Florida Business Leadership Network (BLN) seeks to promote two primary personnel policies: diversity policies that include people with disabilities and hiring practices that target candidates with disabilities. The primary purpose of the Florida Business Leadership Network (FBLN) is to promote diversity policies that include people with disabilities and hiring practices that target candidates with disabilities. The FBLN serves as an information clearinghouse by providing employers with disability employment resources and local FBLN chapters with general information and networking opportunities for sharing best practices.
Fast Facts about the Florida BLN
- The Florida BLN is sponsored by The Able Trust, also known as the Florida Governorís Alliance for the Employment of Citizens with Disabilities. The Able Trust is a nonprofit foundation that provides Floridians with disabilities fair employment opportunities through grant programs and public awareness activities.
- The Business Leadership Network (BLN) is a free, membership network that offer employers resources for recruiting candidates with disabilities, information on disability employment issues, recognition for best disability employment practices, and exposure to an untapped market for goods and services.
- Employers lead the BLN. The Florida BLN is an accredited chapter of the USBLN, which is comprised of 32 participating states organizing 43 BLN chapters nationwide.
- More than 1,000 large and small employers are members of the Florida BLN.
- Employer benefits of Florida BLN membership include a monthly electronic newsletter, disability hiring toolkits, online resources about accommodations, interviewing, tax incentives, educational and networking events, statewide recognition programs.
- Florida leads the nation in organizing local BLN chapters that emphasize opportunities for businesses to come together and address disability employment issues within their own communities.
- Local BLN Chapters engage the participation of community leaders, Chambers of Commerce, CEOs and human resource professionals, emphasizing the business principle that when an employer speaks about the benefits of hiring candidates with disabilities, other employers are eager to do the same.
- 15 Local BLN Chapters located throughout Florida. These areas include Big Bend, Brevard, Broward, First Coast, Miami-Dade, Orlando, Panhandle, Panama City, Polk, SunCoast and West Palm Beach.